Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Measurement Update and Plus-Size Workout Clothes.

Yesterday marked one month that I started to work with my trainer again. Which meant time to check my progress. Both my trainer Caleb and I were very happy with the numbers! In one month I am down 11.2 lbs! Whoop Whoop!!!! My measurements are also pretty impressive! 

                         5/17 measurements          6/20 Measurements  

Neck:                         16                                            16  

Chest:                       48                                             47.5

Shoulders:               52                                              53

Waist:                       60                                              56.5

Hips:                         60+                                          *60+
                               (*Tape measure was so close to being able to measure me *) 

Bicep:                         17                                                  17

Thigh:                        27                                                  24

Calf:                           17                                                  16
                     *All measurements in inches


Look at all those inches lost in one month!! 9+ inches in one month is awesome! I put the plus because the hips are smaller just not sure by how much. If I keep this up, I will surpass my Arnold goal of 50 lbs lost by March. 



Good Plus size workout clothes are so hard to come by....well along with nice looking workout clothes OR ones that aren't expensive and don't get me started on plus-sized sports bras. I am very blessed on top and trying to find a good supportive sports bra is impossible. To hold my H cup girls takes 2 sports bras. The only company that I've found that carries my size is Lane Bryant. However, I still have to throw a no-wire sports bra on top for a little extra support.

So where is a plus-sized girl to get nice workout clothes? I've found that my best options have been Old Navy and Kohl's. I love Old Navy's compression leggings and workout shirts! They always have sales online and their sizing goes up to 4X. I have found that a few of their sizing do run a little big. With Kohl's it can be hit or miss. However, 2 of my favorite capri leggings I got from their discount rack for 7.00!  Now, as much as I love Lane Bryant for their sports bras and everyday wear, I am not a fan of their activewear line. I find them expensive for their quality. I bought a pair their capris leggings and wore them 4 times before they started getting the wonderful pilling between the thighs. Their workout shirts I find run small and when you wear their largest size in tops thanks to your girls, this makes it difficult to find shirts to wear. I think once I get all my workout clothes washed I'll post a few of the outfits I like to wear.        


No comments:

Post a Comment